Category: Business

Home Business
Post

K8 Virtual School Offers Help During COVID-19: Free Enrollment for Ontario Frontline Workers’ Kids

NEWMARKET, Ontario, May 15, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Due to COVID-19, Link On Learning’s K8 Virtual School (www.k8vs.ca) is offering free enrollment for the rest of the school year to a limited number of Ontario frontline workers’ kids. Enrollment is available immediately for kindergarten to grade 8 students so they can finish the 2019-2020 school...

Premier Francois Legault says Montreal not ready to reopen schools, businesses
Post

Premier Francois Legault says Montreal not ready to reopen schools, businesses

MONTREAL — With the COVID-19 situation in Montreal still very fragile, the Quebec government said Thursday that elementary schools in the greater Montreal area will remain closed until late August. Premier Francois Legault said public health conditions haven’t been met in the area hardest hit by the novel coronavirus, so Montreal daycares will also remain closed until at least...

Post

Mission Ready Announces CAD $24 Million FEMA Contract Award

May 14, 2020 14:50 ET | Source: Mission Ready Solutions Inc. VANCOUVER, British Columbia, May 14, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Mission Ready Solutions Inc. (“Mission Ready” or the “Company”) (TSXV: MRS) is pleased to announce that, further to its news release dated April 28, 2020, the Company has received a CAD $24,000,000 (twenty-four million) contract award (“Contract Award”)...

More COVID-19 restrictions being lifted across the country
Post

More COVID-19 restrictions being lifted across the country

Some Quebec schools were reopening and more Ontario retailers were offering curbside pickup on Monday as Ottawa promised to help some of the country’s biggest employers stay afloat during the COVID-19 pandemic. Quebec, which accounts for more than half of the country’s roughly 69,000 novel coronavirus cases, was reopening elementary schools and daycares outside the Montreal area. Quebec students...

PHL President Rodrigo Duterte to heed NTC decision on ABS-CBN franchise issue
Post

PHL President Rodrigo Duterte to heed NTC decision on ABS-CBN franchise issue

Department of Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra on Monday reiterated that ABS-CBN network may continue operating while its franchise renewal is ongoing in Congress, contrary to the position of Solicitor General Jose Calida, who wants to shut the network down using a quo warranto petition. That’s two of President Rodrigo Duterte’s crucial Cabinet men clashing on...

Post

PhilHealth premium rate increased by .25%, not 3%

MANILA – The premium collected from members of state-run Philippine Health Insurance Corp. (Philhealth) increased by .25 percent from last year’s premium rate and not 3 percent, Philhealth President and Chief Executive Officer Ricardo Morales on Monday said. Morales clarified that the 3 percent is the total premium deducted from the members’ monthly salary and not...